Equity LifeStyle Properties is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts and Campgrounds in North America. Our beautiful communities and parks are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. ELS has a strong national presence with nearly 400 communities and resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of more than 4000 employees.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources team as an Employee Relations Specialist in our Chicago headquarters. As an ER Coordinator, you will specialize in supporting our managers and employees, showing empathy and passion. You will listen to employees as issues arise and work with them to find a solution. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter and someone who identifies a problem and finds a solution. You don’t mind getting your hands dirty. You are quick to implement innovative ideas and processes. You see broken processes, course correct and streamline. You are organized. You are a strong communicator.
Job Duties include:
- Exceptional customer service to our employees
- Successful HR support of a multi-site business
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse “ of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Compliance in all aspects of day-to-day employee relations
- Ability to recommend and implement new processes, procedures and policies
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws
- Successful partnerships with our HR Business Partners in conducting investigations to assess the company’s exposure to potential claims involving terminations, complaints and workplace harassment allegations
- Partnerships with company leaders and HRBP’s to address employee relations concerns including individual performance plans, corrective action and development plans
- Appropriate confidentiality in dealing with company and employee information
- Ability to analyze data to create & present reports; performs other related duties as assigned and required
- Understanding and knowledge of the following: Workers Compensation Administration, ADA and FMLA Administration
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
- A strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience with MS Word and Excel
- Experience with HRIS systems (ADP preferred)
- 3+ years of progressive experience in HR
- Flexibility to work overtime and travel as needed
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent post-secondary degree
- Able to manage workflow in a fast-paced, lean environment with multiple and sometimes changing priorities
- Experience dealing with ambiguity and moving quickly to solutions/recommendations
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, humor and helpfulness at all times – front line contact for employee issues
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is essential
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including: salary, bonus program, health insurance, 401(k), STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, and paid holidays and vacations.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.