Equity LifeStyle Properties (ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts, and Campgrounds in North America. ELS consists of nearly 400 resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of over 4,000 employees. Our beautiful communities and parks are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. Our guests and residents enjoy rich vacation and lifestyle experiences in our various resorts.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Human Resources Business Partner at our property in our Phoenix Office. The HR Business Partner is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to one of our regional operations teams. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
In a role supporting a multi-state region based out of Phoenix, AZ, successful candidates will demonstrate:
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- Coaching and mentoring at management level
- Success in driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
- A strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience with MS Word and Excel
- Experience with HRIS systems (ADP preferred)
- 3+ years of progressive experience as an HR Generalist / Business Partner including, performance management, process improvement and change management
- Strong employee relations and influencing skills
- Solid analytical skills and experience using and presenting data to make decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work overtime and travel as needed
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent post-secondary degree
- Experience supporting multiple geographies
- Able to manage workflow, with minimal oversight, in a fast-paced environment with multiple and sometimes changing priorities
- Knowledge of California labor laws preferred
- Experience dealing with ambiguity and moving quickly to solutions/recommendations
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, humor and helpfulness at all times – front line contact for employee issues
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is essential
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, you may be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401k employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.