Equity LifeStyle Properties (ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts, and Campgrounds in North America. ELS consists of nearly 400 resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of over 4,000 employees. Our beautiful communities and parks are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. Our guests and residents enjoy rich vacation and lifestyle experiences in our various resorts.
ELS is looking for an Asset Management Associate to join our team at our corporate headquarters in Chicago. The Asset Management Associate will administer and help manage portfolio capital investments including but not limited to capital budgeting and project completion, capital spend reporting, capital expenditure system development, and underwriting of internal and external investment opportunities. There will be periodic travel for meetings and property visits.
Within the Asset Management Group, the Associate will be expected to develop/execute the following:
- Development of budgets and long-term capital planning with regard to recurring and non-recurring capital projects, including development/expansion and major upgrade projects
- Prepare presentations for capital investment recommendations
- Complete detailed pro-forma models for capital allocation and investment opportunities
- Ability to work with and analyze complex data sets to summarize salient information and formulate recommendations
- Provide recommendations on various business analysis to be utilized by senior management
- Manage the further development of our capital project software system
- Periodically provide support in acquisition underwriting and due diligence as necessary
- Work with concepts such as NPV, IRR, pay back periods, discount rates, terminal values, and cap rates
- Prepare performance analysis and reporting on key operational performance indicators
- Collect and analyze various market information
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Real Estate or similar field of study
- 3-7 years experience in financial analysis or accounting
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to assess operations and initiate changes to improve property performance
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions based on thoughtful analysis; Reasoning includes both concrete and abstract variables, and requires regular interaction with Operations and Asset Management teams
- Strong oral and written communicator with the ability to effectively present information and respond to Operations and Asset Management teams, consultants, and contractors
- Proficiency with finance conventions (e.g. IRR, NPV, Cap Rate)
- Above average ability to perform word processing and data entry with strong Excel skills
- Possess excellent organization and project management skills with the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel
- Valid driver’s license
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, you may be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401k employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.