- Performs all duties normally associated with a supervisory role including but not limited to interviewing, training, performance reviews, disciplinary actions and termination recommendations if necessary.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual property budget with regard to maintenance projects and capital expenditures.
- Working within the approved budget, makes decisions with regard to allocation of funds for maintenance department.
- Ensures all maintenance staff is following safe work practices.
- Ensures that maintenance staff is performing to ELS standards and that service requests are handled in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Maintains open communication with Resort Manager and other community staff.
- Represents Company in a professional manner at all times.
- May be required to drive motorized vehicle to run errands and/or pick up supplies.
General Maintenance Responsibilities
- Oversees, prepares or assists in preparing all model homes in regards to painting, carpet cleaning, general repairs, housekeeping, etc.
- Performs various preventative maintenance functions and records findings in a maintenance log either by
- directing a staff member to do so or by directly performing the task.
- Completes regular community inspections.
- Receives and distributes to work orders in a timely manner ensuring that all request are completed accurately.
- Responds to concerns of the guests in a respectful and courteous manner, ensuring that all required follow-up or maintenance tasks are completed within Company guidelines.
- Performs on-call emergency service as required.
- Assists Resort Managers with special maintenance projects as necessary.
- Ensures that general maintenance staff is maintaining grounds and common areas and keeping them free from trash and debris.
- Monitors maintenance and up-keep of all mechanical equipment on the community including, but not limited to, water heaters and HVAC units in common buildings, lawn mowers, weed eaters, etc.
- Attends and participates in training programs as requested.
- Assists with and attends community sponsored resident activities and functions.
- Assists in monitoring capital improvement projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Keep information pertaining to guests, co-workers and company confidential.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Five to seven years hands-on general maintenance experience (i.e. plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, etc.) is required. Supervisory experience is preferred. Must have basic aptitude and understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and functions. Experience or knowledge of lawn care, trees, and shrubs, in addition to pool maintenance is preferred. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work with heavy equipment daily. The ability to work independently and pay close attention to detail is required. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.