Equity LifeStyle Properties is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts and Campgrounds in North America. Our beautiful communities and parks are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. ELS has a strong national presence with nearly 400 communities and resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of more than 4000 employees.
An established yet entrepreneurial business, we have ambitious goals and look for people who align with this vision and have a hunger to succeed. In return, we are committed to fostering a culture that is challenging, engaging and rewarding. We are in search of the absolute best talent in the market for our roles – proven self-starters, team players and innovative thinkers - as these individuals will help to shape and lead our future.
The Financial Reporting Senior Accountant supports the financial statement close process as well as various aspects of internal and external reporting. This role has significant interaction with corporate accounting, property accounting, the budgeting and forecasting organization (FP&A) and tax organization. A successful candidate will be a hands-on professional with a strong understanding of the application of generally acceptable accounting principles and financial reporting. A control and process oriented mindset, strong analytical and problem solving skills, and desire and ability to identify, recommend and lead improvements is also important.
Job Duties Included:
- Assist with all elements of the financial close process to ensure a timely close, including but not limited to preparation and communication of the close calendar
- Prepare monthly close documentation, including but not limited to checklists, global accounting journal entries
- Analyze variances, review ledger details, and record adjusted entries on assigned accounts
- Prepare monthly management reporting package, including analysis of results
- Prepare consolidated balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flows as well as equity statements and statements of comprehensive income
- Assist with preparation and coordination of Earnings Release documents and supplemental information and SEC filings (Forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K) and other external reports.
- Collaborate with colleagues to prepare quarterly and annual schedules, which support Earnings release documents and SEC filings
- Execute XBRL filing procedures
- Maintain internal controls for reporting processes and SEC filings
- Provide assistance to external auditors during quarterly review and annual audit process
- Research potential impact of new accounting and SEC standards on financial statements and disclosures
- Support the development and maintenance of accounting policies
- Ensure support to key customers, including Legal, Tax, Investor Relations and FP&A as needed
- Continually evaluate system processes across the organization and lead projects to streamline and improve internal and external reporting
- Assist with special projects, as necessary.
Job Requirements are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Minimum four years of accounting experience for a publicly traded company and/or public accounting experience with SEC registrants
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and SEC requirements
- Webfilings/Workiva experience is a plus
- Experience with MS Word and Excel
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Detail oriented and excellent organization skills: accuracy is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical skills
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including: salary; bonus program; health insurance, 401K, STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, paid holidays and vacations.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
We thank all applicants.