Equity LifeStyle Properties (NYSE: ELS) owns and operates the highest quality portfolio of Manufactured Home Communities, RV resorts and campgrounds in North America. Over the course of nearly 50 years, we own and have controlling interest in nearly 400 communities and resorts in 32 states and British Columbia. Our guests and residents enjoy rich vacation and lifestyle experiences in our communities and resorts.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Income Tax Staff Accountant at our Corporate office in Downtown Chicago. The Income Associate will assist with tax compliance which includes the accurate and timely preparation of federal, state and local income tax returns for ELS, a publicly-traded REIT. Gathers information, researches tax laws and corresponds with taxing agencies as necessary.
Job Duties Included:
- Prepares federal, state and local tax returns for ELS and its related corporations and partnerships on a timely basis.
- Gathers management and accounting information. Obtains any necessary clarification, requests additional information and communicates with various departments concerning any problems that arise.
- Conducts research as necessary to determine compliance with the tax laws. Reads periodicals to maintain knowledge about changing tax laws, planning opportunities, filing requirements, etc.
- Prepares the federal and state extension requests and quarterly estimated tax payments for the various companies and helps to maintain the Tax Dept Calendar.
- Prepares federal tax returns and various state returns including franchise tax returns and annual reports.
- Researches, resolves and responds to state and federal regulatory agencies’ notices. Corresponds with federal and state taxing agencies in connection with penalty notices and filing inquiries as needed.
- Reviews corporate and partnership legal documents and correspondence as needed to ensure correct preparation of tax returns.
- Assists with preparation of quarterly provision calculation for the Company’s public filings.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. Masters’ degree and CPA is a plus.
- 1-2 years experience in a tax role. Focus on real estate partnerships and REITs is a plus.
- Possesses the ability to follow directions to accomplish goals in an effective manner.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills.
- Possesses intermediate excel skills with the ability to master advanced excel skills quickly.
- Working knowledge of tax software systems.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including: salary; bonus program; health insurance, 401K, STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, paid holidays and vacations.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
We thank all applicants.