Come join a fast-paced growing company, a leader in the real estate industry. Equity Lifestyle Properties(NYSE:ELS) owns and operates the highest quality resort communities in the United States. We own and operate over 380 quality resort communities throughout the U.S. and British Columbia.
Equity Lifestyle Properties is looking for a Director of Asset Management to work from our corporate headquarters in Chicago. The Director of Asset Management will help to set and execute strategy and objectives for a defined business area. Additionally, this role is responsible for managing multiple projects, managing associated professional services firms and communication with Senior Management.
- Assess and prioritize capital expenditure issues and opportunities in dedicated region
- Contribute to budget process by being knowledgeable on specific projects by region
- Work with third party professionals (engineers, lawyers, architects, designers)
- Help prepare financial analysis of capital investment recommendations
- Help prepare presentations on capital investment recommendations
- Manage development, restoration and upgrade projects - ranging from $500k to $5+ million
- Applies industry/market/product knowledge to drive revenue production and business growth
- Assists in developing strategy and objectives for designated business area
- Mentors and coaches junior staff
- Applies solid risk management skills to make more complex risk decisions
- Also directs junior staff on risk decisions and holds team accountable
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience -
- Bachelor’s degree a must, Master’s degree is highly desirable.
- Ten years of increasingly responsible management experience in a position with significant financial and operational responsibility
- Language Skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Strong writing skills: write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effective presentation skills: respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as grade percentages; completion and other analytical statistics.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make suggestions for change based on those conclusions.
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, you should have above average ability to perform word processing and data entry into spreadsheets, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred. Must possess knowledge of sending and receiving email as well as retrieving information from the Internet. Must possess knowledge of web-based applications and a deep understanding and experience in on-line marketing.
- Valid Drivers' License required.
- Other Skills and Abilities - Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers, co-workers, and managers. Possess excellent organization and project management skills, leadership skills as well as the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously. Must possess knowledge of the following: Operations, services, and activities of a comprehensive utilities program including water, wastewater, and recycled water systems; Concepts, theories, principles, and practices of utilities administration operations; Industry best practices; Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations including laws and regulations related to water, wastewater, and reclamation systems; Principles and practices of project management, administration, and coordination; Principles of business letter writing and report preparation; Occupational hazards and standard safety precautions.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans; a generous 401k employer match; and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.