Equity LifeStyle Properties (ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts, and Campgrounds in North America. ELS consists of nearly 400 resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of over 4,000 employees. Our beautiful communities and parks are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. Our guests and residents enjoy rich vacation and lifestyle experiences in our various resorts.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Maintenance Technician II for our property in Modesto, CA. The Maintenance Technician performs various maintenance duties requiring technical labor skills, including but not limited to, HVAC repairs and adjustments, electrical installations, plumbing, light carpentry/construction, and appliance repair. Works as a team participant along with the maintenance engineer to ensure the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by ELS.
Job Duties include:
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs to the Resort Manager
- Assist Resort Manager with special maintenance projects as necessary
- Assist in maintaining grounds and common areas and keeping them free from trash and debris
- May assist in monitoring and/or controlling maintenance inventory and/or supplies
- Move heavy objects as requested
- Work closely with management and the maintenance engineer in developing an integral team at the property site
- Maintain open communication with Resort Manager and Staff
- Plumbing: includes the repair, replacement or installation of faucets, pipes, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, and washing machines.
- Electrical: includes the installation of power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans
- Drywall repair: includes filling in small holes caused by nails and minor dings from normal wear and tear most commonly performed between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy.
- Painting: includes minor touch-ups following damage repair and new coats of paint applied to unit walls. Appliance repair: includes the repair, replacement or installation of major household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, hot water tanks, and air conditioners.
- Groundskeeping: includes mowing grass, pulling weeds, trimming and pruning trees and shrubs, watering lawns and plants, replacing light bulbs along pathways and parking areas, sweeping or raking leaves, and tidying up bark or other ground covering.
- Cleaning/housekeeping: includes maintaining a tidy appearance in shared community locations, such as the leasing office lobby, clubhouses, and fitness or recreational areas also includes cleaning fixtures, floors and other surfaces in vacated units before new renters assume occupancy.
- Customer service: includes professional, prompt and courteous correspondence with renters and homeowners when scheduling and providing maintenance services, and with contracted vendors that provide additional facility services
- Time management: includes maintaining an organized scheduling and tracking system, usually work orders from management to effectively complete all maintenance requests in a timely manner and in the order
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years hands-on technical work experience in areas such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, etc
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and work with heavy equipment
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record along with auto insurance
- Must be able to pass a background check
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401k employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.