Equity LifeStyle Properties (ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts, and Campgrounds in North America. ELS consists of nearly 400 resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of over 4,000 employees. Our beautiful communities and parks are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. Our guests and residents enjoy rich vacation and lifestyle experiences in our various resorts.
ELS is looking for a Sales Associate to join our community in the Mesa, AZ area. This position will report to the Community Manager and will be responsible for showing homes and communities to prospective buyers, completing all necessary paperwork or forms associated with the tracking of prospective customers and home sales. Must be able to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels on a daily basis and to list and sell homes.
Job Duties Included:
- Show an average of 5 homes and all community facilities to all prospective buyers, with the goal of approximately 4 customers per day. Must be able to travel throughout the community on a golf cart and to walk through each home and facility with the client. Must be able to highlight the features and benefits of the homes and community. Approximately 85% of work schedule is spent showing homes.
- Conduct preliminary sales screening phone calls with potential buyers.
- Coordinate home purchases by writing sales contracts and by representing the brand of the Company. This may include calculation of sales tax and monthly payment plans as well as running credit checks.
- Interface with residents and buyers in order to list and sell homes. Must keep an up to date listing of available homes for sale and send “Thank You” notes to all customers.
- Work with the resort manager, regional sales manager and/or regional manager to develop the community sales & marketing plan in a manner consistent with the community business plan.
- Develop good resident relations through ongoing communication and an all encompassing attitude of courteous respect and customer service, while ensures compliance with all Company’s policies and procedures.
- Accomplish required administrative tasks accurately, thoroughly, efficiently, and on time, while being able to manage priorities.
- Consult with and solicit input from the resort manager, regional sales manager or regional manager, while keeping them fully informed via informal communications as well as detailed written reports.
- Order and coordinate timely completion of new home set-ups with contractors, regional manager, or regional vice president of sales if applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or Experience: Five years minimum of "Real Estate" sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience with strong customer service and sales skills.
- Communication skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers, managers, and customers.
- Mathematical skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discount, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Strong public relations and excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Language skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Attention to detail required.
- Must be able to drive a golf cart and walk through homes and facilities approximately seven times per day or more.
- Valid driver's license.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, you may be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401k employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.