Equity LifeStyle Properties (ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts, and Campgrounds in North America. ELS consists of nearly 400 resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of over 4,000 employees. Our beautiful communities and parks are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. Our guests and residents enjoy rich vacation and lifestyle experiences in our various resorts.
We are currently seeking a qualified Tax Manager for our Chicago office.
Lead and manage the Sales Tax Function at ELS including sales tax audits, compliance, and research. This position will review and manage the work of one sales tax employee, as well as develop and implement sales tax policy and procedure.
- Manage and negotiate all sales tax audits with state, county and city taxing authorities.
- Review, improve and implement sales tax policies and procedures.
- Possesses advanced excel skills including pivot tables and vlook-ups.
- Coordinate and improve the sales tax data procedures for our outsourced and in-house sales tax filings.
- Review and manage the work of the sales tax data coordinator position. Additionally, provide back-up for the sales tax data coordinator position to ensure our monthly sales tax filings are timely filed.
- Assist in the management and review of sales tax support employee.
- Research and document sales tax issues and questions as they arise. This includes in-house research projects and the coordination of research completed by third parties.
- Work with the property accounting department to educate and improve the flow of information between the two departments, especially as it relates to tax collected and tax owed.
- Analyze the information flow and use of technology as it relates to our current sales tax systems and implement improvements to save time and increase accuracy.
- Interact with our 350-plus locations to address sales tax problems, procedures, rates and other sales tax related issues.
- Monitor, research, and answer sales tax notices to ensure their prompt resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 5 or more years experience working with sales tax compliance, audits, and planning.
- Excellent Excel and technology skills.
- Management and training experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, you may be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401k employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.