Equity LifeStyle Properties (NYSE: ELS) owns and operates the highest quality portfolio of Manufactured Home Communities, RV resorts and campgrounds in North America. Over the course of nearly 50 years, we own and have controlling interest in nearly 400 communities and resorts in 32 states and British Columbia. Our guests and residents enjoy rich vacation and lifestyle experiences in our communities and resorts.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates who are proven self-starters and team players for a Director of National Sales role based at our corporate offices in Tampa, Florida.
The role is critical in executing against our sales targets, providing a quality customer experience and driving operational excellence and process improvement. It includes oversight of national sales organization including management of Regional Sales Directors, Regional Sales Managers and property level employees at 200 manufactured home properties across the country.
- Oversight of national sales organization including management of Regional Sales Directors, Regional Sales Managers and property level employees at 200 manufactured home properties across the country
- Grow sales platform which included nearly 2,000 homes sales last year with 96% growth in the new home portion of the sales over the past two years
- Develop short-term and long-term sales strategies focused on increasing revenue and occupancy
- Monitor community specific lead traffic; make recommendations as to how traffic might be increased where needed; and develop tactics to increase conversion of leads to customers who move into community
- Actively manage lead follow-up to ensure quick and effective response to all inquiries
- Work with Property Marketing team to develop and implement new ways to market the communities to potential new customers. Monitor community new home inventory to ensure proper levels are maintained by managing the optimum inventory levels.
- Oversee the accuracy and timeliness of the sales reporting process and leverage reporting to proactively identify areas of opportunity and actions
- Review and approve sales contracts to insure company policies are being followed in regards to sales, and that corporate profitability goals are being met. Sales contract must be approved within 24 hours of the contract date.
- Research the market and ensure market studies are completed to develop a clear understanding of the competition around each property
- Ensure that sales managers are maintaining good resident relations through ongoing communications, responsiveness to complaints and suggestions, promotion of appropriate events and programs, and have an all encompassing attitude of courteous respect and customer service without unlawful or improper discrimination.
- Manage and actively coach team of sales professionals across the communities in the sales region
- Drive the sales operations in key communities across the state of Florida, establishing sales targets and ensuring on-site sales personnel meet or exceed expectations
- Closely collaborate with Property Management leadership to ensure sales are contributing to overall success in operating the communities
- Communicate regularly with the Regional Construction Coordinator to ensure that new homes are meeting scheduled construction timelines needed to satisfy closing dates in sales contracts. Identify construction or financing delays in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with the Regional Escrow Department to ensure closing documents are arriving on time, and that those documents are meeting accuracy requirements
- Work with Finance and Insurance Department to develop better ways to provide financing for customers
- Ensure that managers and staff have clear understanding of employee handbook, Sales Policies and Procedures Manual, Custom Order Manual, and other materials related to company policies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years’ sales management experience
- Experience managing a B-C Sales Team strongly desired
- Must have the skills to analyze operations and initiate changes to improve property performance
- Clear and effective communicator with prospects, current residents and internal business partners
- Excellent leadership, organizational and project management skills, as well as the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Strong presenter able to respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Nimble using systems to perform word processing and data entry into spreadsheets using MS Word and Excel
- Must possess knowledge of sending and receiving email as well as retrieving information from the Internet
- Ability and desire to travel as required, potentially 50% of the time
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including: salary; bonus program; health insurance, 401K, STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, paid holidays and vacations.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.