Equity LifeStyle Properties (ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts, and Campgrounds in North America. ELS consists of more than 400 properties in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of over 4,000 employees. Our beautiful communities and parks are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. Our guests and residents enjoy rich vacation and lifestyle experiences in our various resorts.
The Learning and Development Specialist will partner with the business to develop learning and development solutions in our revenue-producing areas - operations, sales and call centers. This specialist will focus on supporting the Florida market, which represents more than one-third of our overall real estate portfolio.
Job Duties include:
- Lead the on-boarding process for new property managers and newly-acquired properties
- Work side-by-side with new managers/new properties to ensure a smooth and successful transition to ELS
- Identify challenges in these processes and either lead or influence the efforts to address them
- Collaborate with our internal customers to understand their business needs and determine the L&D implications of those needs
- Provide solutions to our customers, including develop, design and deliver learning and performance resources
- Participate in design and development sessions with responsibility to lead depending on the project
- Drive solutions from a learner perspective with a focus on performance change and results
- Align solutions with business and process needs
- Leverage multiple L&D methods in solutions, including feedback/reflection, connection/collaboration, on-demand reference, coursework and experience-based learning
- Create and manage project plans and final project deliverables
- Produce and analyze relevant data and reports to share our results and identify areas to improve
Desired Qualities include:
Communication and collaboration:
- Expresses ideas clearly and succinctly
- Act with results-orientation and a naturally collaborative approach
- Demonstrate initiative and a willingness to roll up their sleeves, and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Develop functional knowledge of our business and exhibit intellectual curiosity
- Think strategically and deliver tactically
- Develop a positive reputation as business-focused
- Thrive in complex and rapidly changing environment while maintaining a can-do attitude
- Desire to develop expertise in operational and technology tools
- Build consultative, trusting relationships with L&D team and internal customers
- Ask probing questions and make sense of disparate information to bring clarity
- Ability to influence outcomes and lead change
- Demonstrate high emotional intelligence
- Show a continuous learning and curious mindset by taking appropriate risks, learning from the process and developing improved approaches
- Ability to work independently and potentially virtually
- Lead with a customer experience approach
- Effectively able to juggle multiple concurrent tasks and priorities
- College degree or commensurate industry experience required
- Exposure to sales and sales training
- Travel for up to a week at a time averaging 25% over the course of a year
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and priorities
- Familiarity with learning and development technologies such as Camtasia and Articulate a plus
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, you may be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401k employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.