Equity LifeStyle Properties (ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts, and Campgrounds in North America. ELS consists of nearly 400 resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of over 4,000 employees. Our beautiful communities and parks are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. Our guests and residents enjoy rich vacation and lifestyle experiences in our various resorts.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Maintenance Technician Supervisor for our property in Manorville, New York. The Maintenance Technician supervisor performs various maintenance duties requiring technical labor skills, including but not limited to, HVAC repairs and adjustments, electrical installations, plumbing, light carpentry/construction, and appliance repair. Works as a team participant along with the community manager to ensure the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by ELS.
Job Duties include:
- Performs all duties normally associated with a supervisory role including but not limited to interviewing, training, performance reviews, disciplinary actions and termination recommendations if necessary.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual property budget with regard to maintenance projects and capital expenditures.
- Working within the approved budget, makes decisions with regard to allocation of funds for maintenance department.
- Ensures all maintenance staff is following safe work practices.
- Ensures that maintenance staff is performing to ELS standards and that service requests are handled in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Maintains open communication with Resort Manager and other community staff.
- Represents Company in a professional manner at all times.
- Oversees, prepares or assists in preparing all model homes in regards to painting, carpet cleaning, general repairs, housekeeping, etc.
- Performs various preventative maintenance functions and records findings in a maintenance log either by directing a staff member to do so or by directly performing the task.
- Completes regular community inspections.
- Receives and distributes to work orders in a timely manner ensuring that all requests are completed accurately.
- Responds to concerns of the guests in a respectful and courteous manner, ensuring that all required follow-up or maintenance tasks are completed within Company guidelines.
- Performs on-call emergency service as required.
- Assists Resort Managers with special maintenance projects as necessary.
- Ensures that general maintenance staff is maintaining grounds and common areas and keeping them free from trash and debris.
- Monitors maintenance and up-keep of all mechanical equipment on the community including, but not limited to, water heaters and HVAC units in common buildings, lawn mowers, weed eaters, etc.
- Attends and participates in training programs as requested.
- Assists with and attends community sponsored resident activities and functions.
- Assists in monitoring capital improvement projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years work experience in areas such as customer service, minor plumbing repairs, grounds maintenance, etc
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and work with heavy equipment
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record along with auto insurance
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Prior experience supervising 2-4 individuals
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, you may be eligible for our benefits package including: salary, bonus program, health insurance, 401(k), STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, and paid holidays and vacations.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.