Equity LifeStyle Properties (ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts, and Campgrounds in North America. ELS consists of nearly 400 resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of over 4,000 employees. Our beautiful communities and parks are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. Our guests and residents enjoy rich vacation and lifestyle experiences in our various resorts.
We are currently seeking a qualified Marketing Specialist - Canadian in Chicago. This position will be responsible for developing strategic partnerships that will enable ELS to develop outreach programs to promote Equity LifeStyle Properties, Inc. (ELS) products and services to Canadian residents and visitors. The goal of this position is to reach new customers by leveraging a variety of marketing channels supported through the partnership. This position will target the development of partnerships with individual companies and clubs that have similar customer synergies that enable ELS to introduce new customers to a variety of product offerings.
MUST BE BILINGUAL IN FRENCH.
Job Duties Include:
- Develop, gain acceptance of and implement strategic initiatives that will increase exposure for Encore Resorts, Thousand Trails, and ELS Communities in the Canadian market.
- Increase revenue and occupancy from target market customers.
- Analyze and track success of specific marketing partnerships.
- Work with ELS’ Property Marketing team to coordinate the development and distribution of Canadian marketing materials, including flyers, ads, brochures, etc.
- Research and implement marketing initiatives/partnerships to attract Canadian customers to ELS’ properties.
- Work with ELS’ Trade Show team to leverage tradeshow activities in the Canadian market.
- Increase ELS’ brand awareness and business originating from Canada.
- Work as the liaison between Canadian focused business partners and ELS.
- Manage existing third party relationships as well as develop strategic alliances in the Canadian market.
- Collaborate with ELS’ Operations teams throughout the U.S. on property specific initiatives and promotions.
- Regularly and effectively communicate to all levels of management about the planning, implementation, and ongoing management of all partnerships.
- Maintain marketing budget and cost expenditures.
- Support of various marketing and business development initiatives outside of the Canadian market focus.
- Travel to Canada required to develop partnerships and to ensure marketing initiatives support overall business goals.
Job Requirements Include:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- At least five (5) years business development, partner management, and marketing experience with proven ability to establish, manage, and grow third party relationships.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Must have verbal and written fluency in French and English.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, especially as it relates to buying, receiving, and pricing merchandise. Ability to understand, analyze, and interpret spreadsheets, tables, and graphs. Calculating promotional costs as well as profit and loss in the market. [s2]
- Ability to define problems relevant to marketing opportunities and needs: collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- To perform this job successfully, you should have above average ability to perform word processing and data entry into spreadsheets, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred. Must possess knowledge of sending and receiving email as well as retrieving information from the Internet. Must possess knowledge of web-based applications and a deep understanding and experience in on-line marketing to reach new customers.
- Must have a valid passport and the legal ability to travel between the U.S. and Canada.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers, co-workers, managers, and residents. Possess excellent organization and project management skills, leadership skills as well as the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including: salary, bonus program, health insurance, 401(k), STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, and paid holidays and vacations.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.