Equity LifeStyle Properties (ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts, and Campgrounds in North America. ELS consists of nearly 400 resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of over 4,000 employees. Our beautiful communities and parks are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. Our guests and residents enjoy rich vacation and lifestyle experiences in our various resorts.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Legal Assistant in our Tampa Regional office. This position provides support to the Vice President of Legal. Tasks include daily production of legal documents, including drafting correspondence, filing of pleadings and correspondence, and copy and distribution of documentation. Will also coordinate court hearings for attorney. Must be able to work autonomously.
Job Duties include:
- Transcribe handwritten materials containing correspondence, documents, memoranda, and project work in the daily production of legal documents.
- Compose, proofread and redline documents, correspondence and memoranda to ensure accuracy of spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax.
- Finalize documents and copy and distribute to attorney and clients
- Receive, screen and transmit telephone and conference calls and messages to attorney.
- Coordinate court hearings for the attorney, working with circuit courts.
- Photocopy and file large volumes of pleadings and correspondence.
- Maintain departmental files in an organized and current manner.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail. Distribute promptly upon receipt.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Fax documents to appropriate parties.
- Retrieve and return files from other departments/companies; deliver/pick-up specified documents to other departments/companies.
- Creating, locating and organizing files.
- Delivery of documents to appropriate representatives.
- High school diploma and 2+ years executive and legal assistant experience required.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with professional demeanor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and legal counsel.
- Excellent written communication with through knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Accurate typing of at least 60 w.p.m., with follow-up proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with MS Word and Excel; familiarity with Gmail and Google drive.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including: salary, bonus program, health insurance, 401(k), STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, and paid holidays and vacations.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.