Equity LifeStyle Properties (ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts, and Campgrounds in North America. ELS consists of nearly 400 resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of over 4,000 employees. Our beautiful communities and parks are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. Our guests and residents enjoy rich vacation and lifestyle experiences in our various resorts.
We are currently seeking a qualified Regional Manager for in the PA area. Regional Managers are responsible for, but not limited to, overseeing the property operations of an assigned set of communities and ensuring communities are run in an organized and efficient manner in order to meet ELS standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Vice President to develop each community’s overall business plan and ensure each community is operating in a manner consistent with the business plan
- Prepare the annual budgets and reforecast for each community in coordination with the Asset Management department
- Ensure that all budgeted capital improvements are on time, on budget, and at a high level of quality.
- Maintain controllable expenses within budgeted levels. For this purpose “controllable expenses” refers to budget categories under the three headings: Maintenance and Repair, Payroll and Benefits, and Administrative. At the discretion of the Vice President, utilities may be considered a controllable expense for a particular community
- Ensure that delinquencies are at or below the amount specified in the annual MBO or subsequent bonus plan
- Achieve or exceed budgeted revenues and occupancy goals
- Prepare Regional Manager property checklists (RV and MH) as required
- Work with community management and staff to ensure ELS established accounting policies are being followed at the community level
- Achieve the objectives set out in the annual bonus programs and follow the directives of Vice President
- Consult with and solicit input of Vice President, keeping him/her fully informed through informal communications (telephone and e-mail) as well as accurate written reports
- Accomplish required administrative and accounting tasks accurately, thoroughly, efficiently, on time, and with a good sense of priorities and in compliance with ELS policies
- Prepare and approve the annual rent increase proposal worksheet in a timely manner. Assure that rent increases letters are mailed in accordance with local and state regulations
- Prepare annual market survey and update quarterly
- Establish and monitor a closing interview process for all new residents that allows them to review and complete the move-in package; therefore, ensuring that all new residents execute a lease agreement prior to move-in
- Work with community managers to assure the condition and appearance of the grounds and common area facilities are maintained at a high level of quality, with attention to detail and sensitivity to the impression made on residents, visitors, and employees
- Ensure that managers are maintaining good resident relations through ongoing communications, responsiveness to complaints and suggestions, promotion of appropriate events and programs, and have an all encompassing attitude of courtesy, respect and customer service without unlawful or improper discrimination
- Collaborate with managers to encourage residents to have a high pride of ownership, as evidenced by compliance with rules, attention to home maintenance, and attractive home site landscaping
- Hire, evaluate, train, and terminate employees according to ELS policies and applicable laws, with assistance from management and/or the Human Resource department
- Respect and support employees and provide them with the direction and feedback necessary for them to meet the objectives that you establish for them
- Ensure that community managers and staff have clear understanding of Employee Handbook and other materials related to ELS policies
Additional Duties include:
- Attend training seminars as directed
- Travel up to 60%
- Support the sales effort and create a team environment between sales and operations
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- 5+ years in regional level property management
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Ability to travel
- Valid driver's license
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, ELS offers a rich benefits package including: competitive salary, bonus program, comprehensive medical, dental, and Rx coverage, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, paid holidays and vacations.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.