Equity LifeStyle Properties (ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts, and Campgrounds in North America. ELS consists of nearly 400 resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of over 4,000 employees. Our beautiful communities and parks are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. Our guests and residents enjoy rich vacation and lifestyle experiences in our various resorts.
Equity Lifestyle Properties is looking for a Construction Project Director to work from our corporate headquarters in Chicago. The Construction Project Director will help to set and execute strategy and objectives for a defined business area. Additionally, this role is responsible for managing multiple projects, managing associated professional services firms and communication with Senior Management.
- Assess and prioritize capital expenditure issues and opportunities in dedicated region
- Drive from start to completion projects that enhance asset value of the portfolio
- Effectively communicate with Operations and senior management on project status and risk exposure.
- Contribute to budget process by being knowledgeable on specific projects by region
- Source vendors and bid project work; collaborate with vendors to deliver on schedule, on budget projects.
- Manage development, restoration and upgrade projects - ranging from $500k to $5+ million
- Work with third party professionals (engineers, lawyers, architects, designers)
- Help prepare financial analysis of capital investment recommendations
- Help prepare presentations on capital investment recommendations
- Applies industry/market/product knowledge to drive revenue production and business growth
- Assists in developing strategy and objectives for designated business area
- Confirm all construction best practices are adhered to regarding design, bidding, cost control, project scheduling and turn-over of the project.
- Ensure all environmental and NESHAP protocol is followed where appropriate.
- Applies solid risk management skills to make more complex risk decisions
- Directs and mentors junior staff on risk decisions and holds team accountable
- Bachelor’s degree a must, Master’s degree is highly desirable
- Ten+ years of increasingly responsible management experience in a position with significant financial and operational responsibility
- Strong Project/Construction Management experience and the ability to simultaneously drive multiple projects
- Strong communicator with business case writing and highly effective presentation skills
- High energy, proven ability to handle high volume of diverse projects, flexible to deal with daily changing priorities and ambiguity
- Strong Excel skills; familiar with investment metrics including NPV & IRR drive
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as grade percentages; completion and other analytical statistics
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make suggestions for change based on those conclusions
- Possess excellent organization and project management skills, leadership skills and the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in the following is beneficial: Operations, services, and activities of a comprehensive utilities program including water, wastewater, and recycled water systems; Concepts, theories, principles, and practices of utilities administration operations; Industry best practices; Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations including laws and regulations related to water, wastewater, and reclamation systems
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans; a generous 401k employer match; and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.