Who is ELS?
Equity LifeStyle Properties (NYSE: ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts and Campgrounds in North America. Our beautiful properties are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. ELS has a strong national presence with more than 400 communities and resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of more than 4000 employees.
An established yet entrepreneurial business, we have visionary goals and look for people who align with this vision and have a hunger to succeed. In return, we are committed to cultivating a culture that is challenging, engaging and rewarding. We are in search of the absolute best talent in the market for our roles – proven self-starters, standout colleagues and creative thinkers - as these individuals will help to craft and lead our future.
What are we looking for?
ELS is seeking an experienced Liability Specialist to oversee activities related to claims operations, and preparation of draft recommendations and reporting for senior management. As a Liability Specialist, you will:
- Adjust small dollar general liability claims, including identifying liability and follow-up questions on incidents,
- Respond to insurance company claims related to denials/subrogation of small dollar general liability claims,
- Support properties in pursuing recoveries from third parties related to ELS asset damage,
- Perform reporting tool validation,
- Support the Risk Management Director with General Liability claims reported to adjuster/carrier, and back up the other Risk Management positions.
Additionally, the Liability Specialist
- Identifies, develops, and implements approved process efficiencies in programs.
- Coordinates development of program data/reporting for control and management purposes.
- Understands relevant insurance policies, and support procurement as needed.
- Communicates verbal and written information with business partners, and ensure policies and procedures are well documented, current, and communicated.
- Overall, work to build positive relationships with our business partners, improve understanding of the department’s policies, and increase procedural efficiency.
How do you know you qualify? You have:
- a Bachelor’s degree with five years related industry experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and to prioritize workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to communicate both internally and externally with various functional areas and levels, including but not limited to: brokers, customers, operations, accounting, financial planning, legal, customer service, and learning and development.
- Intellectual curiosity
- Microsoft 365, Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
What do you get from us?
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we provide a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans; a generous 401k employer match; and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We welcome and thank all applicants. EOE