Who is ELS?
Equity LifeStyle Properties (NYSE: ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts and Campgrounds in North America. Our beautiful properties are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. ELS has a strong national presence with more than 400 communities and resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of more than 4000 employees.
An established yet entrepreneurial business, we have visionary goals and look for people who align with this vision and have a hunger to succeed. In return, we are committed to cultivating a culture that is challenging, engaging and rewarding. We are in search of the absolute best talent in the market for our roles – proven self-starters, standout colleagues and creative thinkers - as these individuals will help to craft and lead our future.
What are we looking for?
ELS is seeking an experienced Casualty Claims Specialist to oversee activities related to physical damage claims, vehicle titles and CDL/DOT. As the liaison between risk management and operations, brokers, consultants and insurance companies, you will collaborate within a team and work independently with minimal direct supervision.
What you will be doing at ELS?
Your responsibilities include coordination of the following:
- You will manage small dollar general liability physical damage claims.
- You will oversee data collection, investigations and research claims, evaluate liability, and communicate with operations, customer service, claimants, etc.
- Pursue subrogation/recovery, including first party property damages.
- Claim payment process improvement.
- You will oversee allocation to properties.
- You will perform recordkeeping, research and validate and maintain incident reporting tools.
- Help identify exposures and maintain strong controls.
- You will ensure titles are maintained for all company vehicles and respond to and coordinate all title related requests.
- Maintain master vehicle list for the company.
- Ensure auto insurance i.d. cards are posted at each renewal, and properties receive notice of new cards and manage CDL/DOT.
- Coordinate third party activities.
- Process fee invoices.
Additionally, you will:
- Identify, develop, and implement approved process efficiencies in programs.
- Coordinate development of program data/reporting for control and management purposes.
- Understand relevant insurance policies, and support procurement as needed.
- Communicate verbal and written information with business partners, and ensure policies and procedures are well documented, current, and communicated.
- Overall, work to build positive relationships with our business partners, improve understanding of the department’s policies, and increase procedural efficiency.
How do you know you qualify? You have:
- a Bachelor’s degree with five years related industry experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and to prioritize workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to communicate both internally and externally with various functional areas and levels, including but not limited to: brokers, customers, operations, accounting, financial planning, legal, customer service, and learning and development.
- Intellectual curiosity
- Microsoft 365, Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
What do you get from us?
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we provide a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans; a generous 401k employer match; and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We welcome and thank all applicants. EOE