Who is ELS?
Equity LifeStyle Properties (NYSE: ELS) is the foremost operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts and Campgrounds in North America. Our appealing properties are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. ELS has a strong national presence with more than 400 communities and resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of more than 4000 employees.
An established yet entrepreneurial business, we have visionary goals and look for people who align with this view and have a hunger to succeed. In return, we are committed to developing a culture that is significant, engaging and rewarding. We are in search of the outright best talent in the market for our roles – confirmed self-starters, standout colleagues and creative thinkers - as these individuals will help to craft and lead our future.
We are currently seeking a qualified Land and Site Development Manager to join our Asset Management team in Chicago. As a Site Development Manager, you will lead and execute due diligence, entitlements, and construction to produce high yield Manufactured Home and Recreational Vehicle property expansions. This is a key role, and you will directly add to ELS' revenue growth when you execute upon our exciting development pipeline.
Sound intriguing so far? This is what else you’ll do:
- Your job requires you to identify and prioritize properties for expansion, primarily on our existing vacant land, but also via adjacent vacant land acquisitions.
- You own and run the due diligence process, collaborating with colleagues in Acquisitions, Asset Management, Legal, Marketing and Operations as well as with outside consultants and seller representatives.
- As you evaluate expansion targets, you support deal underwriting to ensure prospective projects meet our anticipated revenue and that we have accurately incorporated costs.
- You control the site concept plan and zoning/entitlement efforts to ensure each expansion target can be developed as desired.
- We rely on good information to make informed decisions as you conduct research and review all due diligence materials and reports.
- You will prepare and present clear and concise due diligence investment recommendations to management teams, identifying risks, unknowns, timelines and market information/trends.
- Ensure project completion to goals, budget and schedule, satisfying all partners.
How do you know you are right for this job?
- You have 5+ years of commercial real estate experience, with a track record of success in financial analysis, due diligence, rezoning and entitlements. We prefer you to have experience in acquisitions, real estate development, manufactured housing, residential or hospitality.
- You earned a Bachelor's degree and maybe a real estate professional certification like a CPM, CCIM or MRE.
- You demonstrate the ability to work and thrive in an outcome oriented and collaborative culture, both independently and as part of a team.
- You are a strong communicator and have outstanding written and oral communication styles. You are persuasive and able to tailor your message to your audience, including top executives.
- You have an excellent work ethic based on self-confidence, integrity, taking initiative, and personal responsibility and you are able to drive continuous improvement and tackle problems head on.
- You are analytical and take a detailed approach, using economic, financial, market and industry data to understand and improve business results.
- You understand acquisition documents (title, survey, PCA, Phase 1, appraisals, etc.) as well as site plans and construction documents.
- Your project management skills are strong and you can carry out multiple concurrent projects and tasks.
- Computer skills are proven including Excel, Word, email, web research and web collaboration tools.
- Frequent travel is appealing and you possess a valid driver's license.
What do you get from us?
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we provide a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans; a generous 401k employer match; paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We welcome and thank all applicants. EOE