Who is ELS?
Equity LifeStyle Properties (NYSE: ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts and Campgrounds in North America. Our beautiful properties are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. ELS has a strong national presence with more than 400 communities and resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of more than 4000 employees.
An established yet established business, we have visionary goals and look for people who align with this vision and have a hunger to succeed. In return, we are committed to developing a culture that is significant, engaging and rewarding. We are in search of the outright best talent in the market for our roles – confirmed self-starters, standout colleagues and creative thinkers - as these individuals will help to craft and lead our future.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for our property in Capitol Heights, MD. As a Technician, you perform various maintenance duties requiring technical labor skills, including HVAC repairs and adjustments, electrical installations, plumbing, light carpentry/construction, appliance repair and more. You work as a team with your maintenance staff to ensure the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by ELS.
What will you be doing?
- You will perform all duties normally associated with a supervisory role including interviewing, training, performance reviews, disciplinary actions and termination recommendations if necessary.
- You will participate in the preparation of the annual property budget with regard to maintenance projects and capital expenditures.
- You will be required to work within the approved budget, makes decisions with regard to allocation of funds for maintenance department.
- You will ensure all maintenance staff are following safe work practices.
- You will ensure that maintenance staff is performing to ELS standards and that service requests are handled in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- You will maintain open communication with Community Manager and other community staff.
- You will represent the Company in a professional manner at all times.
General Maintenance Responsibilities:
- Performs various preventative maintenance functions and records findings in a maintenance log either by directing a staff member to do so or by directly performing the task.
- Completes regular community inspections.
- Receives and distributes to work orders in a timely manner ensuring that all request are completed accurately.
- Responds to concerns of the residents in a respectful and courteous manner, ensuring that all required follow-up or maintenance tasks are completed within Company guidelines.
- Performs on-call emergency service as required.
- You will assist Community Managers with special maintenance projects as necessary.
- Ensures that general maintenance staff is maintaining grounds and common areas and keeping them free from trash and debris.
- Monitoring the maintenance and upkeep of all mechanical equipment on the community including, but not limited to, water heaters and HVAC units in common buildings, lawn mowers, weed eaters, etc.
- Attends and participates in training programs as requested.
- Assists with and attends community sponsored resident activities and functions.
- Assists in monitoring capital improvement projects.
Does this sound interesting? These are the skills we require for this job.
- You have a High School diploma or equivalent plus 1-3 years hands-on technical work experience in areas such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, etc.
- You are able to safely lift up to 50 lbs and work with heavy equipment.
- You possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record along with auto insurance.
- You take pride in your work and supporting your teammates is important to you.
- You can successfully pass a background check.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, ELS offers a rich benefits package including: competitive salary, bonus program, comprehensive medical, dental, and Rx coverage, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, paid holidays and vacations.
We invite you to visit our website at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our excellent resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we thank all applicants.