Equity LifeStyle Properties (ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts, and Campgrounds in North America. ELS consists of over 400 resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of over 4,000 employees. Our beautiful communities and parks are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. Our guests and residents enjoy rich vacation and lifestyle experiences in our various resorts.
We are seeking a Compliance Officer in Venice, FL who will serve three primary purposes for the community.
- The first is to perform inspections of homes, recreation buildings and the common area grounds.
- Secondly, this person will handle Resident Relations matters, especially those involving individuals who present allegations of rules violations.
- Lastly, this person will facilitate incident reports, as necessary, to document events for our insurance carriers and risk management.
Candidates for this position must be able to work independently and have extraordinary written and verbal communication skills. Candidates will work at least 50% of the day out of doors performing inspections. This is a part-time position.
Job Duties Include:
- On a daily basis, this position will inspect in the range of 15-20 home sites. These are called “360” inspections because we inspect all four sides of the exterior of a home looking for cleanliness and physical condition issues. We review landscape around homes, confirming it is maintained properly. We look at other standards set forth by the rules and regulations of the community. Similar inspections are made for community buildings (inside and exterior) and common areas.
- From time to time, residents will fill a Resident Concern Form (RCF). These forms may identify another resident or facility that has fallen short of Community Standards. These forms are discussed with the person filing the RCF and after a discussion with the Community Manager, corrective action is taken.
- From time to time this person will prepare incident reports that document conditions or events for our insurance carrier or Risk Management Department.
- This individual will report directly to the Community General Manager.
- Home conditions found in inspections will need to be documented in writing and followed-up with the home owner to confirm compliance/improvements have been made.
- Common area deficiencies are communicated to the maintenance manager in writing and documented for follow-up.
- Incidents that could lead to insurance claims for liability reasons need to be documented with Risk Management and the Community General Manager.
- Should legal action cause a resident to enter eviction proceedings, the Compliance Officer may be called up to serve as a witness in the case.
- Candidates must be exceptional communicators as they document conditions, communicate improvements to others and then follow-up to confirm conditions have been corrected.
- Good computer skills, including proficiency in writing is essential.
- Candidates will work at least 50% of the day out of doors performing inspections.
- Some experience managing maintenance matters would be helpful.
- Guest/Client relations experience would also be beneficial.
Candidates receive competitive wages and full-time workers will have the opportunity to receive health care benefits, paid time off, retirement savings plans, and other benefits. Pay is $10 - $12/hr.
This is a very unique position as it can be performed during flexible work days/hours.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
We provide uniforms and a vehicle to drive while on duty.