Equity LifeStyle Properties (ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts, and Campgrounds in North America. ELS consists of nearly 400 resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of over 4,000 employees. Our beautiful communities and parks are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. Our guests and residents enjoy rich vacation and lifestyle experiences in our various resorts.
We are currently seeking a qualified Director of SEC and Financial Reporting for our Chicago Home Office. ELS is searching for a Director, Financial Reporting who will be responsible for managing the preparation of Equity Lifestyle Properties’ SEC filings and the distribution of various internal financial statements. The Director of Financial Reporting will also manage the organization’s accounting policies and serve as the technical accounting resource ensuring that all transactions and documentation comply with US GAAP and SEC requirements. This position offers high visibility to the C-Suite.
Job Duties include:
- Manage the preparation, review and filing of the Company’s Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) documents, including Earnings Releases and Quarterly Supplemental Information, Forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K and other filings, as needed.
- Manage XBRL taxonomy selections and XBRL filings.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of internal financial statements and reports, including Board of Director financial reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy.
- Liaise with both internal and external legal counsel on preparation of the Company’s SEC documents.Coordinate the Company's annual audit and quarterly reviews with the independent auditors.
- Manage preparation, review and distribution of income statement and balance sheet analytics to key members of the Executive team and the Company’s auditors.
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls.
- Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting.
- Hire, coach, mentor and train financial reporting team.
- Research and resolve accounting issues, including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP compliance.
- Act as Company’s technical accounting resource.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 8 years accounting and reporting experience; CPA plus Big 4 Accounting or similar experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with SEC disclosure and reporting requirements.
- Experience preparing financial statements and footnotes and writing management’s discussion and analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a highly complex and fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong technical U.S. GAAP accounting knowledge.
- Understanding of SEC rules and regulations.
- Exposure to all aspects of external reporting, including Earnings Releases and Forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K.
- Experience hiring, coaching, training and mentoring direct reports.
- Experience with SOX 404 compliance.
- Experience working with Workiva/WebFilings or Cognos a plus.
- Knowledge of best practices in internal controls.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including: salary, bonus program, health insurance, 401(k), STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, and paid holidays and vacations.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.