Who is ELS?
Equity LifeStyle Properties (NYSE: ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts and Campgrounds in North America. Our beautiful properties are located in the most desirable regions of the country and we offer a variety of homes and camping options to meet a wide range of customers' needs. ELS has a strong national presence with more than 400 communities and resorts in 32 states and British Columbia and a team of more than 4000 employees.
An established yet entrepreneurial business, we have visionary goals and look for people who align with this vision and have a hunger to succeed. In return, we are committed to cultivating a culture that is challenging, engaging and rewarding. We are in search of the absolute best talent in the market for our roles – proven self-starters, standout colleagues and creative thinkers - as these individuals will help to craft and lead our future.
What are we looking for?
We are hiring a General Manager for our flagship property in Tucson, AZ. The incredible Voyager RV Resort offers residents and guests alike the opportunity to enjoy resort style amenities, golf course and breathtaking views of everything Tucson has to offer.
What your job entails?
- You will be fully responsible for the resources and assets of the property, including staff, buildings, and other assets.
- Occupancy is the key to success. You and your team will participate in sales and rentals by maintaining the property and making sure it's clean and attractive.
- You will lead a large seasonal staff where you will attract top talent, on-board and train your employees for success.
- You will engage residents with daily, weekly and monthly activities and events.
- You will partner with our marketing teams to attract new residents and provide excellent customer service that adds customer value to the living experience of our residents.
- To ensure success, you will analyze, prepare, and manage the operational budget of the community in order to improve profitability.
- As the face of ELS, you will provide outstanding customer service to our residents and set the standards to our customers and guests.
Your skills and experience include:
- A Bachelor's degree preferred, but we will consider a combination of education and experience.
- You are a true operator and understand the complexities of the daily tasks in this type of role.
- You have at least 5 years of resort or property management experience; prior experience in a very large manufactured housing or RV setting advantageous and preferred. Multi-site management is also relevant.
- Experience managing 50+ team members.
- If you have worked with ancillary businesses such as golf courses, restaurants, and/or rental units this is a plus.
- You have the ability to do financials, budgeting, expense control and you are good at identifying opportunities to drive revenue.
- Marketing and sales experience is a plus.
- You are nimble using computer systems and have excellent skills in Microsoft Office Applications and other web based applications including financial systems.
- You have a current driver's license.
What do you get from us?
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we provide a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans; a generous 401k employer match; along with paid vacations, holidays and sick time.s
We welcome and thank all applicants. EOE